Special Features - Landscape
- The prominent steeply sloping principal ridge contrasting with the flat land to the east and south and the gently undulating hills to the west and north.
- Extensive areas of acid grassland and heath on the hill tops, with rough grazing.
- Mixed broadleaved woodland often of ancient origin on the lower hills and valleys in the north and west.
- Fields of pasture bordered by hedgerows and often containing hedgerow trees.
- Formalised, enclosed commons in the east with regular hedgerow boundaries.
- Unenclosed commons to the south east with a strong sense of wildness.
- Arable fields to the south with regular hedged boundaries and straight roads.
- Scattered settlements and small wayside cottages, particularly by the commons.
- Far-reaching views from and towards the AONB.