Under the Countryside and Rights of Way Act (2000) relevant local authorities in the area have a legal duty to produce / review the Malvern Hills AONB management plan every five years. Once agreed, the plan formulates local authority policy in relation to the management of the area. However, the management plan is much more than just a document for local authorities. It is a plan for the whole of the AONB and it guides and influences the activities of many individuals and organisations in the area. The management plan incorporates the views of a wide range of public, private and voluntary bodies and individuals and is the key document through which intentions for conserving and enhancing the special character of the area are presented and implemented.
The current AONB management plan for the period 2014-19 is now being reviewed. An indicative timetable for the review of the Malvern Hills AONB Management Plan can be found below. A new management plan for the period 2019-2024 will be in place on 1 April 2019.
- Complete our online survey before June 30th 2018 here.
- Attend one of our workshops to be held in Malvern in May (Tuesday 22nd May – Community Life and Enjoying and Understanding and Thursday 24th May – Natural and Cultural Environment). Please email email@example.com if you wish to attend.
- Attend a farmers/land managers discussion at Colwall Village Hall between 2-4pm on Monday 11th June. NB Please email firstname.lastname@example.org in advance if you wish to attend
- Comment on the draft new management plan for the period 2019-2024. Please email email@example.com if you wish to be alerted when a draft is available (likely to be in late Summer/early Autumn 2018).
- If you have any comments or queries, please contact Paul Esrich at pesrich@Worcestershire.gov.uk