Farming in Protected Landscapes Grants
From 1st July 2021 we are open to applications for grants from farmers and land managers within the Malvern Hills AONB designation.
The grant programme runs until April 2024 and we strongly advise you to contact us about your plans for an application, however unformed they might be at the moment. In the first instance, please contact Paul Esrich by email or phone 01905 845057. Before doing so you might like to read the following general points about the programme:
- The programme covers grants for improvements to the natural environment, cultural heritage and public access.
- The programme will provide funding for one-off projects which allow farmer and land managers in protected landscapes to:
- support nature recovery – such as increasing habitats to improve biodiversity or greater connectivity between habitats
- mitigate the impacts of climate change – such as reducing flood risk or storing more carbon
- provide opportunities for people to discover, enjoy and understand the landscape and its cultural heritage
- support nature-friendly and sustainable farm businesses
- Your application should help to deliver the Malvern Hills AONB Management Plan.
- Projects could include creating ponds or other wetland to support a variety of wildlife; conserving historic features on a farm, such as lime kilns or lead mining heritage; or even action to reduce carbon emissions or use of plastics on farms.
- The Farming in Protected Landscapes programme is open to all farmers and land managers within the Malvern Hills AONB (including from the private, public and charity sector) It is a programme of funding for one-off projects rather than an agri-environment scheme.
- The new programme which will open for applications on 1 July 2021 and has been developed by Defra with the support of a group of AONB and National Park staff from across the country, following its announcement as part of the Agricultural Transition Plan. Details of the programme have been published today and farmers are encouraged to apply from 1 July. Formal guidance for applicants is available.
- Further information can be found on the GOV.UK website page .